Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Photo Manipulation

I watched this programme last night about how much photo manipulation goes on in the magazine and advertising industry. Not a photo is published without the already perfect models having their blemishes removed, their skin tones evened out and, many times, their body shape made thinner and taller. Watching this inspired me to do some of my own photo manips, the result of which can be seen above. I don't have the skill or the programmes of the professionals, but I am happy enough with the result. If only I actually looked like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you look fantastic but to be honest- mostly for reasons that have nothing to do with photo manipulation - ie you have a lovely face, great posture and cool attitude. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of manipulating with my own photos!! ha ha!
Goes to show what a false world we live in and also how awful some people must really look - ie so called celebrities as they don't look great even with the photo re touching!
ps- you look great anyway- you don't need photo shopping

Inkpot said...

Thanks Anon. You are so sweet. If I were brave enough I would post the untouched up photo and you would see what a HUGE difference there is between the two. However, I hope that one day I will be able to take a photo like that for real. You are right, we live in a very fake world. It is amazing how much work is done on every celebrity photo. It is hard enough when you think you can look like some of those 'beautiful' people (if you were so inclined) but when it isn't even humanly possible - those people don't look like that themselves - then it is totally unfair!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anon.

And though I love the photo of Muffin (though I feel sad too), I miss your own photo, which was pretty nice!

Inkpot said...

Thanks VT. Poor little Muffin. :(