Monday, February 19, 2007

Hot Fuzz


I went to see Hot Fuzz today. It is REALLY good and REALLY funny. I love Spaced and I love Shaun of the Dead, so Hot Fuzz ticked all the boxes for me. A lot of reviewers said that there are two types of comedy in this movie - a slow, Miss Marple kind at the beginning and an explosion laden Bad Boys take off at the end. They are correct in this, but critics have criticised the movie for this, saying it doesn't gel. I didn't find this at all. I thought it was hilarious from beginning to end and that the parody of block busters like Bad Boys was excellent. There aren't enough movies featuring sweet middle aged English women riding a bicycle while firing two hand guns! Simon Pegg has also got flack for playing his character Nick Angel so seriously. I thought he was excellent in this part and made Nick very likable. Thoroughly enjoyable all round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see it!