Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Superscan Trek



Shopping, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the trolley, Murphy, and its weekly mission to shop where no one has shopped before (cue music)

Superquinn in Dundalk has introduced Superscan, the new way to shop. You scan your reward card as you enter and you receive a scanner (similar to that pictured above) to scan your items as you do you shop. You pack your goods as you go around the aisles and then hand in the scanner at a special till, pay and go. It is quick, simple and FUN!

Yes, I said FUN. Shopping is finally fun. The scanner reminds me of the tricorder from Star trek, and it is so cool scanning all the bar codes as you go around, looking at the price of each item and how much your total is as you shop. I know that the novelty will wear off eventually, but for the moment I am Mr Spock (a short, chubby, female human Mr Spock, I admit) to my mother's Captain Kirk. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beam me up, Scottie! I never heard the like!