Saturday, August 26, 2006

When good dogs go... bite?

On a totally non writing related topic, my beautiful German Shepherd Dog, Janna was bitten today. My sister (let's call her Pansy for the sake of protecting her identity) came over to the house to visit this afternoon, bringing with her her little dog Chaz (his name has also been changed to protect his identity). Anyway, Janna ran over to say hello to Chaz (he doesn't really like her and has gone for her before) and they were sniffing noses and the next thing he went for her. Pansy put him into the back yard and I was patting Janna, who was understandably very shaken, when I felt something wet on my neck. Touching the dampness, I realized it was blood. I quickly realized that this came from Janna, so I examined her and found a gash on her nose and a puncture wound on her jowl, both bleeding freely, but neither deep enough to warrant a trip to the vet. I suppose she now has some war stories to tell her canine friends about when they ask about her scars. I wish Rags had been here when it happened, as I know she would have stepped into protect Janna. The other day Woozer cornered Janna and went for her, and Rags leaped up from her bed (where she was sleeping on the other side of the room) and raced over to put herself between Janna and Woozer, growling at Woozer to tell her in no uncertain terms to back off. How sweet! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your poor dog is better soon. i know my reputation is bad but i do like your little asides about your dog and i am sorry she is injured. keep her away from chas - that is my advice.

Anonymous said...

I hope your poor dog is better soon. i know my reputation is bad but i do like your little asides about your dog and i am sorry she is injured. keep her away from chas - that is my advice.

Inkpot said...

Thanks Grumpy :)
Thanks Grumpy :)