Tuesday, July 04, 2006

James Bond is a Time Lord!

With the randomness of thought, I started musing on Dr Who and the whole time lord thing this morning. I really enjoy the new series on BBC and I think David Tennant is an EXCELLENT Dr - he goes up there on my favourites list with Jon Pertwee and Sylvester McCoy (do not scoff, I thought the McCoy years had a lot of gems, and I really liked Ace). However, it got me thinking of the tricky position that the Dr is in, regards regeneration. He only has 12 regenerations and he has used up a lot of them. Let's look at the list: -

1. William Hartnell
2. Patrick Troughton
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Tom Baker
5. Peter Davison
6. Colin Baker
7. Sylvester McCoy
8. Paul McGann
9. Christopher Eccleston
10. David Tennant
11. Peter Cushing (he did star in two Dr Who movies, but he is always being left out)

So does this mean that Dr Who has only one regeneration left? I would be happy to expunge the awful Paul McGann movie from the Dr's lore (wouldn't it be great to have the Master back?) but it would still leave 10 regenerations. I hope David Tennant doesn't leave anytime soon, because I don't want to see the last of the Dr just yet!

Anyway, my musing led me on to James Bond (who I loathe by the way) and you know, I think he is a rogue time lord. He is doing better than the Dr as regards his regenerations go: -

1. Sean Connery
2. George Lazenby
3. Roger Moore
4. Timothy Dalton
5. Pierce Brosnan
6. Daniel Craig
7. (for some fun) Bob Holness

I think James Bond is a time lord who uses his special powers of time and space to sleep with lots of women and play with gadgets - and do some spying too. Not quite as evil as the Master (who was power hungry) and not anywhere as good as the Dr (who is very interested in other species) 007 falls somewhere in between. Selfish, egotistical and using his powers to his own end, he will reluctantly help humans occasionally. Maybe one day we will see Jimmy pull out his TARDIS and fly off for some adventure on another planet. I'm sure if you think about it, you will see it makes sense.

Anyway, this has got me thinking of another fact about Time Lords - don't they seem to be getting younger with each regeneration? Reminds me of the Orkons (you know, Mork from planet Ork?) they were born old and got younger as they went - so maybe the Dr's next regeneration (seeing as it is his last) he should be a teenager or perhaps even younger?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little known fact - James Bond is a clanger. He stole a tardis from a visiting time lord (who stopped by for some soup) and thereby picked up the old regeneration trick!

Anonymous said...

i find this a very interesting theory - a pity wow magazine is not around to discuss it. your life sounds idllyic but i am sure there are the down sides.