Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On to the next

I heard today that I didn't make it through to the next round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. Here are some possible reasons:-
1. My reviewer doesn't like fantasy
2. My reviewer doesn't read anything without pictures
3. My reviewer didn't have time to read all its submissions and started accepting and rejecting randomly
Ah well, it doesn't matter anyway. A rejection is just another step closer to an acceptance. On to the next one (competition, agent, publisher). Good luck to everyone who got through!

2 comments:

Valpot said...

Hard luck, but it's all part of the writer's life. It's obviously for the best!

rkfinnell said...

I consider myself happily rejected. I've read some of the other rejects and they are superior. I doubt if any of the semi-finalists even match up.