Monday, August 11, 2008

Cool Contest Challenge

Here is the link to my winning entry in the Cool Stuff 4 Writers July cool contest challenge - FIRST SWIM. I got chills when I logged onto their site this morning and saw my name on the homepage. By chills I mean pleasant tingles of excitement. Chills are good. Remember folks, before you run off to read my winning story, the brief for the contest was to write a beach scene using purple prose. If you think the writing is bad, it is supposed to be. So bad it's good, yeah baby! While you're over there at Cool Stuff 4 Writers, have a look around. You'll be sure to find something of interest.

3 comments:

Valinora Troy said...

Fantastic stuff! Not sure which is my favourite line, but it's all very colourful!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

To be honest I enjoyed it. A bit over the top but still it had an interesting gripping story line. I was so glad the little turtle survived it into the sea and his struggle (though purple) was riviting. Of course many more obstacles await him.

Inkpot said...

Thanks Valpot. It is very purple all right - the new season's colour apparently.

Hi Anon. Glad you liked it. Alas the trials of Terry's life are only beginning.