We rented Enchanted this evening and I watched it for the second time. It is an enjoyable movie and I laughed a lot watching it, but it reminded me of all the ways I am not a Disney princess like Giselle and never will be. I think that is probably a good thing.
1. I can't sing
2. I'm not thin
3. I'm not 2-d
4. I can't get my animals to clean up for me
5. When I fall out of a tree (or off a building) there is never a handsome man there to catch me
6. I can't make my own clothes
7. I don't look perfect after running through the streets in the rain and then crashing on someones couch
8. No matter how hard I try to organise spontaneous dance routines with large numbers of people and/or animals they never work out
9. If I am on the floor scrubbing it clean, bubbles don't float around my head reflecting my image (then again, I am never on the floor scrubbing it clean)
10. I don't have a (wicked) stepmother
On a different note, the short list for the first round of the Aeon Award was published and I didn't make it. However, there is always the next round to aim for and it means I can send 'All The Dead Stars' out to another market, where it might prove more successful.
Watched the debut for season 4 of Dr Who on BBC1 tonight. It was good. Donna irritated me, I just can't distinguish Catherine Tate from her comedy show characters and it makes her seem really insincere and totally hammy to me. To anyone who has seen the episode (4:1 Partners in Crime) is it just me or did you think the Doctor should have left well enough alone? It was a win win situation before he and Donna bumbled along. The Adipose were cute little aliens and it was a good weight loss solution for London. Pity they messed it up.