Sunday, April 06, 2008

Recovered Innocence*


The woods were dark and deep. At their heart lay a pond, its surface as still and smooth as a mirror. Annabell tried to reach the centre of the woods but she kept on getting lost. First she discarded her blue tooth earpiece, then her iPhone. The ground swallowed them. She moved deeper into the wood. She cast aside her laptop, her mp4 and her digital watch. Grass grew over them where they lay. Lighter now, she ran the rest of the way. The unicorn was waiting for her by the still waters. It whinnied in welcome and called her to it.


* This is a micro fiction I wrote for fun yesterday in an impromptu contest with my family. The theme was horses and the limit was 100 words. I thought I would share it with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely story lovely picture-

Valpot said...

I agree, the story is sweet and the picture is lovely!

Inkpot said...

Thanks Anon and Valpot