Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Procrastination

Here are some things you can do to while away the hours you should spend writing...

1. Play Games
Click on the link at the side of the page to practice being a sushi chef!

2. Browse the web
This is such a cool site. I love the idea of trailers for books.

3. Invent stuff
I came up with the idea of the SHRUG. It is a rug with sleeves. You know when you are curled up in front of the telly on a cold night and you have your arms cuddled snugly up underneath your rug, and then you have to expose them to the chill air to do things like change the channel or lift your mug for a sip of tea? Well, you don't have to suffer cold hands anymore. Now, with the SHRUG, you pop your arms into sleeves within the rug which keep them cosy no matter what - whether you are knitting or reading, you won't get cold.

5 comments:

Valpot said...

All excellent suggestions, though I also like to spend all week reading about writing, the hows, whys, whats and wheres...

I wish you hadn't put in that link -I've jsut spent ages looking at trailers (though I found they didn't play very well for me).

Anyway, can I order a shrug?

Inkpot said...

Well done on spending your week reading about writing. I'm planning a trailer for our books, messed around with windows media player and there are lots of cool effects and transitions. I'm afraid I only have a prototype shrug at the moment, but I'll put you down on the waiting list. :)

Anonymous said...

ban computers, ban tv - all bad for writers-

Inkpot said...

Computers are very good for writers anon, I can't deal with this long hand nonsense. However, the internet is another thing. :)

SSQuo said...

OMG, Inkpot, I think you should claim royalty or something, Snuggie stole your idea! How innovative and creative.