Friday, April 04, 2008

BUSY DAYS

So far April has been very busy for me. I was back teaching this week, went into Easons to do research for a non-fiction title yesterday and submitted FOUR short stories to competitions and publications this week. I wrote and submitted a flash fiction and micro fiction to Alienskin (after the success of Valinora Troy I thought I would try my hand at it) as well as entering the Molly Keane Competition and sending a robot story to Permuted Press for the robot's beyond anthology competition. I am also waiting eagerly to see if I made the short list for either the Grace Dieu Writer's Circle Competition or the first round of the Aeon Award. I'm told that the results will be posted any day now, but you know what they say about a watched webpage never reloading. Oh yeah, I also did some research into more story markets and subscribed to a couple of cool looking magazines as well this week. On a writing note, I really want to write a gooey, juicy, scary horror. I haven't written one in a while and I feel the urge has come upon me to write something truly horrific. Perhaps that will be my goal for next week. I also have to think up something new to try out for April. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Malice Blackheart said...

Speaking of horror, one thing that’s always freaked me out is the image of me vomiting my own stomach out, and then I’m stuck walking around with my inverted stomach hanging out of my mouth. Then my uncle Harlequin comes up to me and says “hey, Mal. I didn’t know you took up the bagpipes.”

Anonymous said...

I'm not big into horror myself but you seem to be having a busy successful month. hope you win some of those competitions or at least give us links so we can check out the stuff ourselves

Inkpot said...

Hey Mal, thanks for the comment. That's a pretty scary thought. Was it wrong of me to laugh at the thought of you standing there with your stomach hanging out and your uncle Harlequin talking to you and you not able to talk back? :)
To Anon, thanks. I hope I win some competitions too. If you click on the names of the competitions they are linked to competition sites so you can check them out. Good luck.