Monday, April 20, 2009

And the Honest Scrap Award goes to...


L R Bonehill has very kindly awarded my blog the Honest Scrap Award. Check out his blog here and his beautifully horrifying short story 'In the Garden' here, in 52 Stitches.


The Award and Rules:

This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.

The rules are as follows:

1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

2. Choose a minimum of 5 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have five friends. Show the five random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!


I'm not going to follow rule 2 and pass on this award because it is MINE, ALL MINE! but also because I know that some people don't like receiving blog awards (silly people) :). However, I am honoured L R, thank you.
As for rule 3 - ten honest things? Really? Oh, ok...
1. I was home schooled for most of my life because of illness.
2. I really want to get a tattoo.
3. I used to have a dwarf rabbit who was great friends with my two cats and dog and played with them all the time.
4. I started watching horror films when I was 3.
5. I'm the youngest of ten children.
6. My favourite game as a child was pretending to be a wolf or a panther and hunting people.
7. When I'm rich I'll use my money to travel the world and explore cryptozoological sights and take photographs of long thought to be extinct animals.
8. I have a plan in place for when the zombies take over the world.
9. I'm allergic to Tommy Girl perfume.
10. The song Dela by Johnny Clegg and Savuka (from the movie George of the Jungle) always makes me smile.

8 comments:

Casey Freeland said...

Awesome Inky, congrats on the award.

On the tattoo, I finally decided to do the deed about 10 years ago. Got a big monster on my back and it took 7 1/2 hours. Monster is the correct term. It's a copy of Vampire's Kiss for Boris Vallejo. You can google/image it. Wonderful job. Amazing experience. Really teaches one a lot about pain thresholds and different clusters of nerve-endings throughout the body. And the endorphins do make a person a bit high. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Unknown said...

Oooooo somebody got something and was bragging about it eh?

Nice one Inky. :)

L.R. Bonehill said...

Thanks again for the kind words and linkage.

Great list, Inkpot. It's always sensible to have a plan in place for the forthcoming zombie-fest. It's coming you know, slow and shuffling, but it's coming...

DNOTY2007 said...

Congrats,Inky!

I like your list!

Inkpot said...

Wow G.C, I looked up that picture and WOW! That is some awesome tattoo! How big is it? Is it full colour? Does it cover your whole back? Any chance I could see a picture? *cheeky grin*. I would love a lion tattoo on my back, across my shoulder blades. Something like this http://www.tattoofinder.com/find_tattooDB.asp?txtKeyword=lions&Ktype=1&txtIsAdult=yes&NewSearch=yes

Thanks Shadowthorne. Of course I'm bragging, it's in the rules! :)

And thanks for the award L.R. Yes, everyone should have a zombie action plan in place. They are coming.

Thanks DNOTY2007/2008 :)

Casey Freeland said...

It's not a full back... just about 8 x 11 inches. The best is when I forget it's back there for a few days and then catch it in the mirror.

I had him do it as a sketch, just black. I found this online. If you take out the cheesy frame, make the wings more realistic and smooth it all out a bit, this is pretty close...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/62496266_50cc01dc08.jpg

Inkpot said...

That is really beautiful. It must be awesome when you catch it in the mirror. I can see why it took so long to do.

SSQuo said...

Congratulations!!!

GC has a tattoo! I didn't foresee that one. :) But i love it.

Inkpot I love that you want to get a tattoo, I want to myself but Im petrified of the needles. :(

When you are rich, I'll be your best friend and tag along, I'll hold your luggage even. Just travel light, please!