Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Writing Distractions

It was so warm and sunny yesterday I kept the patio door open while I wrote. Mid morning, Fudge lured me outside onto the decking to play with him. The sun was warm, the air was fresh and the world was still. I felt so relaxed and peaceful. Playing with Fudge made me happy. Some say heaven is a perfect moment captured for eternity. If that is true, then moments like these will make up my heaven. For about ten minutes I was at peace, relaxed and without a care in the world as I enjoyed a simple game surrounded by nature. It is hard to focus on writing when I have distractions this good to tempt me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Inky! You sadistic cat torturer!!! Stop hurting that poor cat and get on writing.

You are always looking for excuses not to write, eh?

Would a zombie breathing down your neck makes you write faster? I'd ask SSQuo to send one for you.

Rajesh said...

get your blogger award on this below link



http://rajeshecea.blogspot.com/2009/03/best-blogger-award.html#links

Casey Freeland said...

I love those moments, Iseult. They may very well be the reason we are on this planet. But, seriously, we must write. :)

G.C.

Inkpot said...

Ok, ok, Shadowthorne, your threat of getting SSQuo to unleash a zombie has cured me of my cat torturing ways. I'm writing - look, my fingers are bleeding from the typing!

I am honoured, Rajesh, thank you :)

Yes G.C, you are right. We must write!

DNOTY2006 said...

Lovely video - made me want to tickle his lovely furry tummy! (Which he probably would have hated!!)

SSQuo said...

You beckoned and I am here! OK so where should I send the zombies???

I like Fudge a lot. Inkpot likes Fudge more than I do. Fudge likes his stick.